Teaching and Learning
The learning and teaching styles will both vary from tutor to tutor, depending on the subject. Candidates can be assured that the tutors for each element are not only specialists in their particular subject area but also aware of the varying teaching methods used. Individual learning needs will be catered for.
Learning and teaching styles will incorporate:
- Assignments – both practical and written
- Group discussions – to help you contribute to an idea or theory
- Lectures – where you need to listen and make notes
- Group work – to promote team-working skills
- Case studies and ‘what if?’ scenarios
- Observation of practical skills
- Questions and answers – tutors will be keen to draw from your varying experiences, as we believe that every student can help contribute to the course. It is also a way of assuring the tutor that you understand the subject being taught.
If you feel you are not progressing, finding the work too difficult or do not understand something, please inform your tutor. Remember, we are used to dealing with potential problems and most can be resolved before they become problems.